Click here for 3D unicorns.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Poor Tommy...

Just when you think that your day is going to be normal, your car will be right in the lot near you, and all will be well and as predicted.... something out of the ordinary comes along and pushes you right off your balance post.

Today my friend Tommy came to visit me on his way back home to Lawrence. It was a normal visit. We had lunch and I showed him around our campus and our museum. Well he headed off home and I went back into my room to do something normal (and boring). 45 minutes later, Tommy calls and says, "Maria I have a big problem..." his tire went flat. No problem.. I figured he was trying to say that he didnt know how to change it. No. He didnt have a spare. No problem, we could just go and get him another tire.

Well, I get out there (cause he doesn't have a jack either) and we put on the tire together... and I would just like to say that I am very thankful for having the knowledge-- thank you mom!-- of putting on a tire! Well we get the tire on and head out to Sear's to get a new one.... well they're closed... so is Walmart, as well as every other tire selling company in Manhattan!

I could tell that Tommy was really nervous and upset, so I came up with the all masterful plan! I lent him my car! The only sucky thing about this is that his car is going to be out by I70 all night and most of tomorrow :( but he said he has important classes and a quiz tomorrow, so yea.

Well all in all it was a not so normal day! Either way, as long as Tommy is safe and nothing is wrong then that is all that matters!

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad you got that figured out. I had no idea what to do since it was late on a Sunday night.

    By Blogger Ookami Snow, at 8:00 PM  

  • You are a good friend Maria, Sorry you had to go so long without your car but not many friends would go 'car-less' so a friend isn't stuck. Just another reason for me to be proud of you. Geez young lady, I lost count of all the reasons! Your mommy loves you.

    By Blogger Irene, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home