Click here for 3D unicorns.

Monday, October 10, 2005

In Need of Employment

I am in need of a job. I have applied many many places in Manhappenin, but its just not happenin for me. I'm already in debt... I owe Lane $3.50 from when we ordered Gumby's the other night.

I went to the front office/desk thing today and made a room request. Me and Lane want to stay in the same room together for next semester. My other 2 roommates are probably going elsewhere... Michelle is moving into her sorority house probably and Margo hasn't decided. It would be pretty dang sweet cakes if Lane and I got a room together! She's a fun person- VERY bubbly haha! Its great being around her so much cause for some reason we get along really great! But we'll see how it all goes later on...

I was wondering... since people who speak English can imitate another language's accent (I'm not saying SPEAK another language... just imitate the accent), then why is it so hard for foreign countries to imitate the "English accent"? I don’t think a Japanese resident could properly do a southern drawl... maybe, but I dunno.

1 Comments:

  • Accents are funny... People can do a pretty good job of imitating a person speaking their own language with an accent, but try speaking a different language with the correct accent. Spanish speakers know how much the average person sucks at not sounding like a stupid white guy. I imagine it's the same thing for other people. I bet the Japanese mock our accent when speaking Japanese.

    By Blogger Blessum Yellowstone Trip, at 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home