Click here for 3D unicorns.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Homework is the devil... It isn't fun to do when you want to go to sleep. I am tired of doing it so I am taking a break to write to my lovely fans here in blog world. Thank you for coming.

Today I kinda did this tryout thing for a Jazz class held here at KState. I was too late to take Jazz one, and you have to audition to get into Jazz II or III. Well the instructor put me into the Jazz III class for my intro. I was super nervous... I didn't know what to expect at all. I showed up to class a couple minutes late (of course, they had already started). I had to go AAAAALL the way across campus; it was about a 15 minute walk. Finally, I joined the circle they were all in while the instructor was talking to us and she gave me a notecard. Everyone was kinda done filling theirs out already and I had just got mine... I tried to hurry though! Then we started warm up, and surprisingly I fit right in with the group. It was moderately easy to catch on, so I started to ease up a bit... then we did a combo.
Now usually in my dance team practices, I wouldn't get nervous about things like this... but after doing warm-up I realized that this class was a LOT of ballet. Well... the whole combo was ballet. I have never taken a ballet class in my life. I'm a dance team/jazz/tap kinda gal. I kinda winged it and got by, but it was obvious that I was the only freshman out of all those upperclassmen girls.
After class the instructor and I met in her office and she tells me that she thinks I'll do fine in her Jazz classes (which turn out to be more like classical jazz/ballet classes), but I decided that ballet wasn't for me. I was disapointed at first, but honestly... I don't really want to do ballet. I think it's a beautiful style and very expressive, but it just isn't my thing! I just may take tap still but I need to get shoes first. I left those back in my home town... a lot of good they're doing me there!

Alright blog, I'm tired and I definitly wrote enough for the night.

1 Comments:

  • Kinda too bad...it woulda been fun. Did you ask her if class is like tryouts? Maybe she had you do lotsa ballet and then in class you wouldn't do as much? Who knows...

    ...7pm, my house! Game Night!

    By Blogger The Math Ninja, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home