Click here for 3D unicorns.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

just give me a pen and paper...

I love writing! Though I may find some things about my poetry class at KSU to be completely irrelevant and pointless... as well as aggrivating... I also have come to find a lot of things enjoyable about this class.

Our most recent assignment was to write a poem over some inspiration we had from a piece of artwork. I chose a oil painting called "Stranger Woman" painted by Pugacheva Svetlana.


I fell in love with this painting when I saw it. I also wanted to use it since it is SOOO much different than what I saw everyone else using haha! Everyone seemed to use a painting of scenery. Now how's about my poem? eh?

Fantastic Features

A hidden Beauty, beneath
Snow strands of covering feathers
lightly floating, illuminate
unflawed features
Long, envious strands
of shadowed bronze, subtle streaks of red
Random, dancing every which way

A hidden tale, forbidden
A secret of fantasy, life of her own
Her own way of intimidation
Placed within her ees
Peering through
Holes from device of concealment

A hidden meaning, unknown
Not visible to the average eye
Meant to be searched,
Sought for
Like the key to one's heart
A journey to reach, yet need
To fufill Longing and Curiosity
10/5/05


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home